TranslationClassifieds Prohibited Content Policies
The following activities are prohibited by TranslationClassifieds:
You are not permitted to defame anyone or include "hate speech" directed at individuals or groups in your postings or in the emails that you sent via TranslationClassifieds.
TranslationClassifieds reserves the right to delete any ads or other content from the site that do not comply with the FreeTranslationClassifieds Policies or otherwise negatively impact the community, TranslationClassifieds or third party. If you encounter any such ads, please flag it as such or contact us
- Posting an item for sale that is
- is illegal to own, buy or sell in your area of residence
- is in the prohibited items list
- Posting multiple Ads that are too similar to each other
- Posting an Ad that serves no other purpose than to send traffic to another web site
- Posting an Ad that defames anyone or contains "hate speech"
- Posting a multi-level marketing or other prohibited job
- Posting pornography, nudity or other material that is obscene or adult in nature or harmful to minors
- Solicitation of other users, except by placing an ad, including through use of TranslationClassifieds' e-mail functionality to send unsolicited e-mails
- Infringing the rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, infringing on intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale)
- Discriminatory or offensive behavior and the usage of profanity or patently vulgar language
- Encouraging others to break the law
- Misleading others by false statements
Our general rule is that you may not list, buy or sell items or services that are illegal to own, buy or sell in your state of residence, or that are not bought or sold in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
IMPORTANT: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS RELATING TO THE ITEM YOU LIST, BUY OR SELL ON THIS SITE.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Blood, Bodily Fluids and Body Parts
- Burglary Tools
- Counterfeit currency, stamps or coins
- Counterfeit Products
- Electronic Surveillance Equipment
- Embargoed Goods
- Escort services that offer or indicate sexual services
- Illegal Drugs & Drug Paraphernalia
- Illegal Services
- Illegal telecommunication and electronics equipment such as access cards, password swiffers, radar scanners, traffic signal control devices or cable descrambler
- Hazardous Materials including but not limited to radioactive, toxic and explosive materials
- Fireworks, Destructive Devices and Explosives
- Identity Documents, Personal Financial Records & Personal Information (in any form, including mailing lists)
- Items which encourage or facilitate illegal activity
- Lottery Tickets, Sweepstakes Entries and Slot Machines
- Material that is obscene, pornographic or adult in nature, or harmful to minors
- Offensive Material
- Pictures or images that contain nudity
- Government and Transit Badges, Uniforms, IDs, Documents and Licenses (e.g. internal manuals of commercial airlines, polie or postal service uniforms)
- Prescription Drugs and Devices
- Prostitution or ads that offer sex, sexual favors or sexual actions in exchange for money
- Recalled items
- Stocks and Other Securities
- Stolen Property
- Tobacco Products
- Used Cosmetics
- Used or rebuilt batteries or batteries containing mercury
- Weapons and related items (such as firearms, firearm parts and magazines, ammunition, BB and pellet guns, tear gas, stun guns, switchblade knives, and martial arts weapons)
- Multi-level marketing or pyramid schemes
- Business or job opportunities that require upfront or periodic payments
- Business or job opportunities that pay only commissions, unless the Ad makes it clear that the sole source of compensation would be commission and clearly describes the product or service that would be sold
- Business or job opportunities that require recruitment of other members, distributors or agents
- Ads that are not clear regarding what type of work would be required
- Ads for employment that are stating a preference or requirement based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability
- Ads that contain pornography or individuals engaging in sexual activities
- Ads that ask for sex from under age persons
- Ads that offer sex or sexual activities in exchange for money, products or services
- Ads that depicts a person(s), regardless of gender, engaged in actual sexual conduct
- Ads that contain bestiality
- Ads that contain masturbation
- Ads that contain sadistic or masochistic abuse
The following types of items are generally permitted to be listed if and to the extent that their sale and purchase is legally permitted in your State of residence, and that such sales and purchases occur in compliance with applicable laws and regulations:
- Electronic Equipment
- Event Tickets
- Food Items
- Non-prescription Medical Devices
- Real Estate and Rental Properties
- Used Clothing and Bedding
- Vehicles, Vehicle Equipment and Devices
- Wildlife products and products made from or preparations of species of animals and plants
- Artifacts and Cultural Goods
Before posting ads in the Housing category please inform yourself about the rules and regulations on Equal Housing Opportunities.
TranslationClassifieds supports Equal Housing Opportunity and we encourage users of our site to follow appropriate guidelines to comply with both the Federal Housing Act, as well as any applicable state and local regulations.
Federal Laws prohibit discrimination based on
Property Owner's & Manager's Responsibilities
- National Origin
- Familial Status
As a property owner or manager you have a responsibility and a requirement under the law not to discriminate in the rental of propertyon the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. Agents in a rental transaction areprohibited by law from discriminating on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. They are prohibited from complying with a request from the property owner or manager to act in a discriminatory manner in the lease or rental. Moreover, a property owner or manager cannot establish discriminatory terms or conditions in the purchase or rental, deny that housing is available, or advertise that the property is available only to persons of a certain race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national original.
As someone seeking to rent an apartment, home or condo, you have the right to expect that housing will be available to you without discrimination or other limitations based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. This includes the right to expect equal professional service, the opportunity to consider a broad range of housing choices, no discriminatory limitations on communities or locations of housing, no discrimination in the pricing or financing of housing, reasonable accommodations in rules, practices and procedures for persons with disabilities, and to be free from harassment or intimidation for exercising your fair housing rights.
Civil Rights Act of 1866
The Civil Rights Act of 1866 prohibits all racial discrimination in the sale or rental of property.
The Fair Housing Act
The Fair Housing Act declares a national policy of fair housing throughout the United States, making illegal any discrimination in the sale, lease or rental of housing, or making housing otherwise unavailable, because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) as issued a memorandum to provide guidance on Advertisements and the Fair Housing Act
Americans with Disabilities Act
Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act prohibits discrimination against persons with disabilities in places of public accommodations and commercial facilities.
The Equal Credit Opportunity Act
The Equal Credit Opportunity Act makes discrimination unlawful with respect to any aspect of a credit application on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or because all or part of the applicant's income derives from any public assistance program.
State and Local Laws
State and local laws often provide broader coverage and prohibit discrimination based on additional classes such as age, marital status or sexual orientation not covered by federal law. Please inform yourself about the Fair Housing Laws applicable in your state.
If you encounter an ad that is discriminatory and you believe that it violates Fair Housing Laws, please flag the ad as prohibited.
All inquiries are welcome. Please send questions, comments or suggestions to TranslationClassifieds Customer Service.