StoreFront Setup Instructions
A. Ordering a StoreFront Subscription
Step 1 Once you are logged in, access your "My Account" home
Step 2 From the "My Account" page, click on "my account
Step 3 Scroll down the page and you will see a "renew/extend
your subscription" link. Click it.
Step 4 Select the desired payment type and click "Submit My
Step 5 After you have submitted your payment for the
StoreFront Subscription access the "my account information" page again.
You should now see a "Storefront URL" link. Click it.
Step 6 If your storefront is setup correctly, you will see an
empty StoreFront with a "StoreFront Manager" that can be moved and/or
B. Inside of StoreFront - Overview
Shown above is the default StoreFront
- 1. This is the main site's logo.
- 2. You can upload your own logo.
- 3. Use this space for a welcome message, slogan, or any other
text you would like visitors to see when they visit your StoreFront.
- 4. This section allows you to set up your own category
structure for your store. By default, the very first link will be your
username, but it can be changed to anything you would like, such as the
name of your store. If this is your first time accessing your
StoreFront, there will be no categories. They must be added using the
StoreFront Manager as outlined below.
- 5. This section is for your additional pages. You can have as
many as you would like. Use these to put information for your
customers. Again, if this is your first time to visit your StoreFront,
you will see no links. The pages must be created.
- 6. Visitors can input their email address to subscribe to your
newsletter. The newsletter is also discussed in the next section.
- 7. This is where your auctions and or classifieds will be
displayed within your StoreFront. If this is the first time in your
StoreFront, you won't have any listings showing here.
C. Setting up Your StoreFront - Using the StoreFront Manager
You will use the site's StoreFront Manager to set up your
StoreFront. The StoreFront Manager is in the form of a window that can
be dragged and repositioned on your screen. You are the only user that
can see this StoreFront Manager, as it will only appear when "you" are
logged into your own StoreFront. It can be minimized and repositioned
out of the way if desired. This section will explain all of the
StoreFront Manager's features.
This is how your StoreFront will appear if you are logged in and
viewing your own StoreFront.
- Add a Category - use this to add a category
to your StoreFront.
- Edit a Category - Select the category you
wish to rename, enter the new name, and click save.
- Delete Category and Move Listings To - The
first box is the category you wish to remove, the listings in that
category will be moved to the category selected in the second box.
- Sort Categories - Use this to change the
order that categories appear in your Categories Menu.
Main Page View
Page Edit View
|The pages section will appear in one of two
different ways depending on where you are in your storefront. If you
are currently viewing one of your extra pages, the StoreFront Manager
will display a WYSIWYG for the current page.
- Add a Page - Enter the name of the desired
page (as it will appear in the "Pages" menu), and click save.
- Edit a Page - Pages that you have added
will appear here. Click to edit the page.
- Page Name - This is the page name as it
appears in the editor menu. Edit the text and click save to modify
- Page Link Text - This is the page name as
it appears in the "Pages" menu. Edit the text and click save to
modify the name.
- Page Body - This is the page body of the
document. Edit the text and click save. The WSYIWYG also allows the
HTML to be edited directly (Click the "HTML" button that appears
right below the "Format" dropdown box.)
- Delete a Page - Click "Save" to delete the
page. Be careful, deleted pages cannot be recovered.
Display Settings Tab
- Logo - Click browse to locate a banner (on
your pc) for your StoreFront. Once selected, click save.
- Welcome Note - This allows you to input
text or HTML for your welcome note.
- Home Link - This is the first list item in
the "Categories" menu. By default, it is your site username. Edit the
text and click save.
- Current Template - This allows you to
select different "looks" for your StoreFront (if additional templates
are provided by the Site Administrator).
- StoreFront Activity - This must be turned
ON for other users to view your StoreFront!
News Letter Tab
||The newsletter is sent to people who have
subscribed to it on your storefront.
- Subject - This is the subject of the email
to be sent.
- Body - Enter text or HTML to be sent as the
body of the newsletter email. Click send when message is ready. Click
- Archive - This is a list of your previously
||A newsletter can be sent to visitors who have
subscribed to it through your StoreFront.
This lists the number of subscribers and their emails.
To remove a subscriber, click their name (CTRL+CLICK to select
multiple items) and then click save.
Traffic Reports Tab
||This shows the number of unique and total visits
for the last seven days.